Devean turns 8 months!  

Posted by: Unknown in

Devean turned 8 months!!

I guess the biggest happening this month is that I decided to leave Devean's father and be a single mother. I'm not going to go into details, I'm just gonna say that it'll no doubt be the best decision to ensure both me and baby's best interest and future. Anyway, it's a done deal, no turning back.. Although I'm 100% sure I'll never regret it!

Moving on to Baby achievements on his 7th month.. He didn't marked any impressive milestones off the chart yet, He still couldn't walk unassisted and couldn't talk but other than that he pretty much does anything else.

First Christmas & First Local Staycation


On Christmas Eve was when Devean turned exactly 7mths, it's the first xmas for Devean and we went for a short staycation at Ritz Carlton which is also Devean first local staycation experience. It's awesome that Devean experience his first staycation at Ritz Carlton as it's mommy favourite hotel in Singapore thus far!

First Time Falling Ill


A few days before Christmas Devean fell ill for the first time, luckily wasn't anything serious just a minor running nose so it didn't stopped our xmas plans. Devean's energy level was still at his usual high so we went ahead with our Ritz Carlton staycation.

Increased Destruction Level


Well it actually started when he was 6mths, when he mastered crawling and then pull to stand/sit, his destruction level also shot up! Initially we didn't get a playpen of any sort to confine him, he pretty much roam around the house freely and then it get way out of control! He goes EVERYWHERE! He even play hide and seek with me, he pulls and tears apart everything, he chew on anything he can get his hands onto and yes that included electrical appliance, wires, plugs... all the dangerous stuffs! For a short while, I pretty much have to keep him in my sight 24hrs/7 when he's awake! Anyway now he's already confine in a huge play area caged!

Trying to chew on my bag..

Oops! Mommy caught me!

Destroy the house first before going out...



First New Year


On top of Christmas, Devean also spent his first new year with us at the KSL hotel although he missed his first firework because he was sleeping. Hopefully next year or somewhere this year, he will get to see his first firework.


Assisted Walking


Devean took his first steps while pushing his own pram, he could also walk a few steps with me holding onto both his hands. A few days ago, he even tried standing unassisted. He will hold onto something and pull to standing position and then steady himself then let go, he can stand for a few seconds before falling. Planning to get a walker for him now, aiming to get him walking before 9mths!! Haha!

Separation Anxiety


Devean didn't develop signs of separation anxiety until recently, for a moment I tot it's because since young he was exposed to alot of strangers and he is also being rotated between multiple caregivers thus increasing his acceptance for strangers. He always have no problem interacting with strangers, he will smile and let them carry and play with them like he do to us. Then suddenly he become more and more attached, at first I tot it was just his usual "desired to be carry" thing going on which he has it since birth but then he started to reject stranger's carrys. He still like to smiles and make friend with stranger alot but he do not want to be carried by them. Sometimes he will refuse to leave my mother or my arms, other times he will start crying when hand over to people other than me and my mother(that includes my other family members, which he grows up with). Sometime when he is in good mood, he will allow other people to carry him only for short while before wanting to return to my arms or crying. I'm secretly happy and feels a sense of achievement that my baby love me so much lol. Thou I suspect he love my mother more, because his separation anxiety is higher when with my mother than compare to when he is with me. *SAD*


Teething?


Devean is already 8 months and he haven't got any teeth yet and I do not see any white on the gums suggesting that his teeth is coming out... Anyone knows if it's like abit late cause I heard some baby 4mth already got teeth liao 0.0

However he do drools alot and chews alot and as usual very cranky and also he experiments with funny kissing like sounds which are all signs of teething, actually he started this signs very early on when he was 5mths or earlier but until now still no teeth. Why ar? Experienced parents please share your experiences...

Well, that's about concludes Devean 7th months. From now on, going may get even tougher and my parenthood might be more challenging but I know I'll have no problem coping and Devean will blossom better. Looking forward to baby turning 9mths and hopefully baby can walk and call "MaMa" by then. Hee =)

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 24, 2015 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment